Ronnie Shambik Ghose
Ronnie Shambik Ghose, a Dean's Scholar from Leeds Beckett University, UK, MA in Choreography, (2018-2019) a Graduate and Scholar in Performing Arts (2000-2003) from "The Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts" with major in Musical Theatre Dance, and scholar from Offjazz Dance Academy France(2006). He is a Rolex Prodigy Nominee, (2006) and an empanelled artist of ICCR (Indian Council For Cultural Relations)
He has received scholarship from Leeds Beckett University for pursuing his PhD in Performing Arts where his research is entitled as 'CURSIVE BODY', 2020-2024
CURSIVE BODY : His research interest examines the current practice in the fabric of artistic deliverance through strategic methods, articulating devices in process of performance making, analysing and establishing it relevant for current artistic practice. The research aims deeply to connect and nurture the movement practitioners and preparing them to confront, questions in current concerns in artistic expression, where interdisciplinary engagement are often contested.
Upcoming Production 2020
He is acting as a choreographer for Phoenix Dance Theater upcoming production 'BLACK WATERS' to be premiered in Leeds Play House in February 2020 and then travelling to India in December 2020.
Knotted - Leeds Beckett University (2019)
Written On My Body - Leeds Beckett University ( 2019)
The Words I have never Spoken - Leeds Beckett University ( 2019)
He is presently acting as lecturer at Leeds City College, BA Dance.
He has mastered the following techniques and methods in Dance and Choreography
- Classical Jazz (Mattmattox and Luigi) from Mr. Mohammed.Drissi, and Mr. Gianin Loringett. Presently he and his company follows Loringett Method of Classical Jazz Dance
- Classical Ballet
- Modern Dance (Graham, Limon, Horton)
- Contemporary Dance Technique, Leigh Warren Method of Progression)
- Chinese Folk
- Laban Movement Analysis and Studies with notations.
- Artist As Teacher
- Research and Development
- Choreographer's Mentor
- Performance making and critiquing.
REGULAR CLASSES & WORKSHOPS CONDUCTED
He has conducted workshops and master classes for the institutions and Dance Company listed below:
- Leeds Beckett University, BA Dance, 2019
- Leeds City College, BA Dance, 2019 (Ongoing)
- Phoenix Dance Theater, 2019 (Ongoing)
- Tanushree Shankar Dance Company
- Anita Mallik
- Malabika Sen
- Padatik Dance Center
- Attakkalari Center for Movement Arts (Bangalore)
- Nirupama Rajendra Dance Company (Bangalore)
- STEM Dance Kampni (Bangalore)
- Ashley lobo Dance Company (Delhi)
- Kathak Kendra (Delhi)
- Anjika- Priti Patel Dance Company
- World Dance Alliance in collaboration with India & Bangladesh.
- Jawaharlal Neheru Center for Manipuri Dance (Manipur) 2012
- Created Production "KAPPA" for Dr. Ratan Thiyam- Gurukul Academy, 2013
- Conducted Workshop at Karlstad , Sweden as a part of Abundance Dance Festival, 2016
- Taiyuan University and National School of Dance, Taiyuan, China, 2017
PRODUCTIONS and CHOREOGRAPHY (2012- 2018)
- Invited by Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts to create a work with the MFA students of Dance Department supported and organized by Teamwork Arts and Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts. Production entitled- In The Moment. 2018
- White Lotus -Black Sand, Indo-French Dance Production, 2015/2017 with Beijing Dance LDTX. Choreographer from India.
- Abundance Dance Festival- Sweden 2016/Choreographer
- Dancecentrun - Sweden 2016/ Choreographer
- Innoprom 2016, Russia- India, Industrial Net, 2016/ Choreographer & Performer.
- Indo French Dance Production - Buddha - The ' Why' Within, 2014, Artistic Consultant/ Performer
- Indo- French Dance Production - Swan Lake Revisited 2012, Choreographer/ Performer
- White - Contemporary Dance Production, 2011/ Choreographer/ Performer
- Quantransition, 2008/ Choreographer/ Performer
- Attakkalari Biennial 2009/ Choreographer/Performer
- Scholarship from Department of Performing Arts, Leeds Beckett University, for pursuing his PhD, 2020-2024
- Dean's Scholarship - Leeds Beckett University, MA Choreography, 2019
- Selected for ROLEX PRODIGY 2006.
- Scholarship from OFFJAZZ 2006
- Scholarship from Hong Kong Academy For Performing Arts 2002- 2007.
- ROYAL DANISH BALLET - Denmark 2012
- PHILHARMONIC SOCIETY - Belarus 2012
- INDIAN EMBASSY Stockholm, Sweden 2012
- BEIJING DANCE FESTIVAL - Beijing, China 2014
- ERASING BORDERS INDOOR FESTIVAL by INDO - AMERICAN ARTS COUNCIL - New York, USA, 2014
- INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL, Thailand. 2014.
- INNOPROM - Ministry of Trade & Commerce Govt. of India & Russia, CJS Events, - Russia, Yeketarinberg, 2016
- INDO-CHINESE CULTURAL TOUR- Supported by Beijing Dance /LDTX and Consulate of China,Beijing & Taiyuan, 2015/2017
- Performed live with Pt. Bickram Ghose in Tagore Lounge organized by OpenDoors.
- Performed Live with Pt. Tarun Bhattacharya in "Monsoon Melodies" organized by Weavers Studio Centre For The Arts & Times of India
- Choreographed in LAKME FASHION WEEK 2011 and "Peeli Kothi" for Sabyasachi Mukherjee in association with t2.